Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sneek Peek


It's been three days and I haven't had morning sickness. Yesterday I had a surge of energy and ironed 13 shirts and went for a mile walk! I hope I'm turning a corner and lucky if I am!
I'm also beginning to eat a little healthier since the nausea isn't bothering me. The picture I posted here is of yesterday's lunch: A multigrain flatbread with dijon mustard, pear slices, turkey strips and cheese topped with spinach leaves. This is the healthiest I've eaten since being pregnant!
Today I woke up feeling a little sad and lonely. Because of my jury duty yesterday, which got cancelled, I've had a 5 day stretch off from work. This is nice but it leaves lots of time to think, worry and feel things that aren't always helpful. So I got the idea of shopping for a home fetal monitor so that I could hear baby and be comforted. Then I asked my nurse practioner Julie what she thought and she said, "Just stop by the office, I'll check it for you without the charge." This got me off the couch in a hurry! So I took a quick bath and hurried in. Although there was a 50/50 chance of hearing it on doppler at only 10 weeks, we did! It was loud and fast, faster than the first ultrasound- 168 beats per minute! I hope this means what I think it does....a little girl?!?! No matter, it's there and thudding away with such vitality. It certainly brightened up my day!
The babycenter website gives me weekly updates of my baby and the pregnancy. It said that my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit and the baby is the size of a prune. This makes me so happy! I just can't wait to start showing. In a way, looking pregnant makes me think I'll feel more pregnant and therefore feel more of the baby. Last night I had a long and vivid dream about the baby. I have these recurring dreams that the baby is born and I'm a new mama and I experience such real and weird emotions in those dreams. I want so badly to hold my baby already and feel that bond. Even though she's plugged into me right now and couldn't survive without me, I still can't feel her and wish I could. But I'm happy, happy as can be to have this miracle already begun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment