Saturday, January 23, 2010

Me, my blog and an orange.

Wow, I'm actually sitting down to type a blog. For the past 2 weeks, I've been working on making a semi-permanent body-print on the couch, hugging it real still so as not to upset my queeziness. It worked, so far as not ever having to hurl. But days on days of this makes being upright, that is in vertical form, a very upsetting task. And so that is why things like writing and reading just haven't worked out well for me these past few weeks. But after 6 hours on the couch this morning and a nice hot shower, I feel I may have turned a corner, at least for now.

I am 9 weeks and 4 days along today. I'm feeling okay, besides the nausea and tiredness. What else can I say? The very sore boobies and uterine growing pains are nothing in comparison with that. Yesterday, I had a voracious appetite and food was my best friend. Sadly, that doesn't happen often in the first trimester. Most of the time I'm arguing with my stomach, wondering why it's so finicky and unsettled. And then once I eat something that finally sounds good, it comes back in the form of heartburn.

Perhaps this is why I haven't blogged in a while. It's more like bitching and I'm not unhappy, just uncomfortable. What else can I say for now? What are other women in their first trimester thinking and feeling, I wonder? I'm pretty sure this is all really normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment