Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Looking Ahead

Alright! Had my bowl of Kashi cereal and went to the gym for a longer workout than I expected. It has been a while and it felt SOOooooooo good to move! I'm glad I'm feeling better and able to get back to some of my healthier habits. Exercise and nutrition has always been a part of my life and without it, I feel miserable. So I'm glad I gave myself a kick in the butt this week and reengaged with a version of my pre-pregnant self, the healthy side. Of course I will still allow for the changes and urges pregnancy brings, but balanced with the regular activity and nutrition that keeps me feeling like me.

My belly is growing and there's a for sure a bump that hasn't changed in a few days despite the comings and goings of gas and you know what. Yay! I'm 11 weeks and 1 day today and can't believe my next doctor appointment is in a week. Jason gets to come with and we get another ultrasound to check out baby's spine and brain. They're only doing this because of the mood stabilizer I was on for a few months preceding and during the first few weeks of pregnancy. I'm thankful I was able to wean off that medication. I didn't want any reason to think I was putting the baby in danger. Hopefully nothing I've done has put the baby at risk.

Jason and I are working diligently on our budget and widdling down expenses before the baby arrives. We received some really good counsel on this from a couple at church who worked the numbers for us. If we stick to it, we can have our cars paid off and all debt except for my school loan. This is an exciting prospect! We also think we'll stay put in the apartment for another year or two in order to keep living expenses at a low and meanwhile save for a considerable down payment on a house. I'm glad we're planning ahead to make our future as low stress as possible.

I'm planning on taking a four month maternity leave then returning to work "prn." Prn means "as needed" to where I can make my own schedule and work as little or as much as I want, work schedule permitting. I won't receive benefits, but we hope to have the whole family on Jason's health insurance by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment