Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Sipping on hot chocolate and feel virtually trapped in a snow globe. Outside it is beautiful, but I miss the warm sunshine and flip flops and warm air. Jason is lazily draped on the couch watching old episodes of Seinfeld, the kitty is curled up on her carpeted cat tower, and Brutus, our dog is moaning in his cage. He got vaccinations this week and is all out of sorts. All in all, it's a lazy Sunday but we're happy to be together.

For those of you whom I haven't told, the name we picked for our little boy is Boston. Boston is about the size of a lemon this coming week and is entering the second trimester with his mama. We are both excited! He's learning new things like sucking, swallowing and moving about like an acrobat. Life is truely a miracle!

Ever since his last ultrasound at 12 weeks, I've felt much closer to him, feeling more connected. Emotionally, it gets better and better being pregnant. However, maritally, the stress has gone up a notch. So much talk and focus on the budget and all sorts of preparations has us sparring a bit. I have to say, it's mostly me that gets on edge very quickly these days. My buffer zone is thinner than ever. It's like the warm fuzzies I've always had for Jason get channeled to the baby now. I've heard people say that the husband takes the back burner when the baby comes. But already, I feel my nurturing and compassionate side being reserved for someone else.

While this may be "normal," I'm working at still showing Jason my softer side despite how I feel. I think it's important that he feels my love, support and respect no matter what challenges we face. I especially want our children to see this between their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment