Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where's the Beef?


I succombed and got MacDondalds last night :( I know, not such bad thing, except all I keep craving is red meat. I devoured the quarter pounder, pickles, ketchup, onions and all! French fries? Ate a few then threw the rest away. Good. At least my fingers won't swell up like sausages from those potato-ey, salty stems.

All in all, I find my cravings and food aversions to be in my favor. I no longer crave sweets, a typical non-prego craving. And this skinny little body of mine could use the protein and iron from a good 'ol filet 'o beef. I don't crave salty snacks either. Just protein. Unfortunately, yogurt and cottage cheese, once old reliables to me taste gross. Milk is all good, though. The tub of Jiff in the pantry is the one solitary thing I go to everytime I get a hunger pang.

I notice my tummy gets more sore and crampy in the evening after gas and fluids build up. Gas really upsets things! There's just not enough room, and I'm not even showing yet!

I think I blogged about grocery shopping yesterday. I can definitely tell I'm sharing my precious blood supply with an alien down there. Supposedly it's heart is now circulating blood and pumping at an average rate of 100bpm. Oh yeah, it slows you down a bit! I also read it's about the size of a blueberry this week. Awww! Can't wait to see on ultrasound!

So, so far things are going smoothly. No spotting, cramps subsiding, no nausea as long as my blood sugar doesn't get low, and I'm getting regular naps so I'm resting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment