Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mommy's Best Friend


We are three and a half weeks in now and yet it feels like 3 months, simply because of the amount of learning jammed into those 3 weeks.
Breastfeeding and learning to pump a bottle has been our biggest challenge this week. Introducing the pump is like introducing a third party to your body. Amazing how a woman's body and her child intertwine in such a relationship while breastfeeding. There's a rhythm being formed there I wasn't aware of until now. What it really comes down to is taking everything in small, itty-bitty, tiny-weeny doses with your newborn. It was great having Jason feed Boston his first bottle of mama's milk, but I'm pretty sure I need to let things get in sync more before taking that next big step. I saw it affect my milk supply and not being able to satisfy my baby was a big let down (no pun intended).
There are so many things I want to write about, changes and new experiences I find in being a mom everyday. Like today, I was giving loud, silly kisses to Boston's face- lips, cheeks, eyes, ears, most of which was covered in spit up. I thought to myself, 'Only a mom would kiss the barf off her child's face!' I'm SO happy to finallly be a mom!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post... I am so happy for you. Even though it is the most exhausting challenging job on the planet .. it is also the sweetest and most rewarding one ever. You are a natural, truly. Boston is blessed with a wonderful mommy.

    ReplyDelete