Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A sigh of RELIEF

A brief moment to blog here while Boston is extending his nap now past his usual 2 hour feeding mark. Yippeee!
As I was cleaning up this morning, I noticed some curious characteristics about our home now...A burp cloth on every armrest, a pacifer on each counter and coffee top corner, baby blankets strewn throughout the apartment, and a nursery picked apart from the midnight-2am-and 4am feedings. But you know what makes it all so enduring? The feeling I get from bathing my cooing baby this morning with yummy smelling baby soap and gently working the lotion into his puggy little legs and arms; Brushing his soft head of fuzz while he looks up at me with pursed lips and deep blue eyes. And now, I finally reap the rewards of two long days of consoling work as he melts into a deep sleep, wrapped in his warm fuzzy nightgown. Oh, I could write baby poetry forever!
I am also sitting here, clean as a whistle. I took the time and consideration to put perfume on this morning after my shower. Normally I think, 'What's the use?' But the use is is that it grounds me again to the beautiful, alluring woman that I am yet so often don't feel as I'm slimed with spitup and bra-stains of leaky milk.
Uh-oh...The clock strikes 12...Boston is crying, duty calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment