Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Full Term


The days are going by much slower now, but the sereneness is quite nice. Since finishing my last day of work last Friday, I have made a big shift. Almost immediately, I went into meditation mode. But I think that's a natural thing for a woman heading for labor. I sort of feel like a mama bear seaching for her cave to give birth in, or like a deer seeking out just the right forest grove to lie down and have her baby.
I'm beginning to feel the tide changing, with menstrual-like cramps and "loose bowels." My appetite is mainly small and my stomach almost feels like a nervous stomach, except that I'm not nervous. I figure this is my body beginning to purge itself before the main act. The doctors say Boston is really low, head down. My cervix is 1cm dilated and 50% effaced for 2 weeks now. I'm officially full term and ready for the party to begin. And yet, I'm trying to stay focused on Boston's timing.
I'm also working on keeping perspective by not getting trapped into a 3 week mental time frame,....Patience for obvious reasons,....And presence, like being present in the moment and sucking up all the joy of the last and final stage of my pregnancy. I'm so appreciative that I can take this time away from work and focus on the most important person in my life, Boston and also my very own family unit. This is a most special time for Jason and I and I think we are doing a great job at supporting eachother and celebrating the coming of our boy. I think we are both glowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment