Thursday, March 4, 2010

What to do with "the girls"....

Go up a size! Today was so exciting. I went from a 34A to a 36B overnight! I love pregnancy! Then, I bought cocoa butter lotion so that I wouldn't get stretch marks in places I don't want to grow. Except the belly, of course :) Jason is finally noticing my belly and gave it a little rub today. It's becoming real for him and that makes me happy.

We made our decision about me going part time. Since my work can't give me 8 hr. shifts with part time hours, I decided to go per diem. This is great because per diem gives me alot more flexibility by letting me choose how much, how little, and when I want to work, so that as the pregnancy gets further along, I can ease out rather than just quit when it gets too hard. Also, it takes the pressure off of having to "close" at night which is unpredictable and stressful. It cuts into dinner time and makes my sleeping schedule worse. Being pregnant, I am learning that eating and sleeping good are key to keeping comfortable all day long. Although being per diem drops my insurance benefits, Jason's insurance will pick me up. Besides, I found out my insurance wasn't that great afterall. You'd think being pregnant was some sort of disease the way some insurance companies handle it!

Cutting back my hours will be a financial adjustment, but fortunately we were already planning on it and have just about everything paid off. This will be good practice for living on one income and budgeting well. I get it now, why alot of moms don't have the most expensive clothes and trendy haircuts. I'm already feeling like a mom, and the sacrifice is WELL worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment